Here is why you need to attend:
- It is awesome.
- You will grow professionally, as will your social network, your PLN, your knowledge and understanding of new technologies, and, perhaps, your sense of being overwhelmed (but you'll have the rest of the summer to digest... so that one in this case is definitely okay).
- It's in freakin' San Diego! ...on the hallowed grounds of ComicCon. And, yes... my spidey senses are tingling!
Hollywood Squares: A Brain-Bending Game Show. Here's the session description:
Think research is dry? Not so! Test your knowledge of current ed tech research on digital culture and learning against our brain-trust of "celebrities" Hollywood Squares-style. Recommended by ISTE's SIGMS, SIGILTWe're going to have a blast and if you join us you will, too!
To kick things off and to build a little pre-conference excitement, I'm going to host a PreGame Hollywood Squares on Twitter so that you can get to know our Squares a little better by way of a little research of my own.
Here are the rules:
- I'll post a question about one of our Squares via Twitter at 8pm EST using #isteHSq.
- The first correct response back wins the square.
- Twitter handles beginning with the letter A-M play for "X"
- Twitter handles beginning with the letter N-Z play for "O"
- I'll post a picture of the current game board via Instagram to Twitter.
- The person with the correct answer names what square we play for the following day.
- Three in a row wins the game!
Hugs and high fives at ISTE for the winning tweeters... PLUS all the bragging rights you can muster on Twitter.
See you at ISTE!